Georgia Institue of Technology
BSc in Computer Science with Highest Honors
January 2016 - December 2019
GPA: 3.90 / 4.00
Areas of Focus: Intelligence & Information Internetworks
- Machine Learning (Grade: A)
- Game AI (Grade: A)
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms (Grade: A)
- Objects and Design (Grade: A)
- Introduction to Database Systems (Grade: A)
- Computer Networking I (Grade: A)
- Introduction to Systems and Networking (Grade: A)
Presentation College, Chaguanas
Open Advanced Level Scholarship Obtained
September 2007 - June 2014
- Applied Mathematics Unit 1 and 2
- Pure Mathematics Unit 1 and 2
- Physics Unit 1 and 2
- Chemistry Unit 1 and 2
- Caribbean Studies
- Communication Studies
- English A
- Information Technology
- Additional Mathematics
Merit List Placements (Caribbean):
- 1st in CSEC Mathematics
- 9th in CSEC Additional Mathematics
- 2nd in CAPE Applied Mathematics Unit 1
- 4th in CAPE Applied Mathematics Unit 2
- 5th in CAPE Physics Unit 2
- ASP.NET Core
- Entity Framework Core
- Razor Pages
- ASP.NET Core
- GitHub / GitLab / etc
- REST APIs
- OpenAPI / Swagger
- Linux Server Administration
- CLI comfort
Ministry of Education
Associate Professional in the Educational Planning Division
January 2020 - Present
Content Expert for the Implementation of Artificial Intelligence into the Curriculum
- Served as the subject matter expert for a Ministry of Education initiative seeking to integrate artificial intelligence (AI) into the curriculim of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Provided expertise regarding topics such as:
- What is AI?
- How can AI assisst teaching and learning?
- Can we adapt the core principles of AI to students of all ages?
- Attended many meetings with key figures in the education sector.
- Participated in a collaborate effort with local non-profit RSC and IBM to make available online to local teachers materials produced by IBM for teachers in the US that help train them on integrating AI in their classes.
Principle Developer of a replacement system for an Access Database used by the Educational Planning Division
- Current system uses Microsoft Access and has not been updated to reflect the needs of the Division in at least 10 years.
- Purpose of the system was to store and report on data obtained from schools yearly.
- Replacement system improves in several key ways:
- Split into a REST API backend and Web SPA frontend.
- Backend written in Python using the FastAPI and SQLAlchemy libraries.
- Object modelling placed an emphasis on adaptability to reflect changing needs over time, allowing the system to adapt over time.
- Replacement system placed a great emphasis on preventing errors:
- Excel documents (the current form of the survey) are read automatically, freeing up staff resources and eliminating data entry errors.
- All data provided to the system is checked for consistency and errors are flagged and reported.
- As of August 2020, my system was able to identify over 4000 outstanding errors in the surveys collected for the 2019-2020 academic year and provide a report on errors at the school and district level.
- Split into a REST API backend and Web SPA frontend.
Participated in the following committees, providing technical expertise:
- Remote Learning Policy Creation Committee
- Education Management and Information System Population Committee
- E-book Initiative Committee
- Sub-committee for Improvement of the Education Data Management System
Georgia Institute of Technology
Head Teaching Assistant for CS 2340 - Objects and Design
January 2017 - May 2019
- This class exposes students to the development of a semester long project as a team by building an Android app. Students are also required to use git, learn about UML design tools and about the agile development workflow.
- Teaching assistant duties include working with several teams over the course of the semester and mentoring them through the development process, providing technical assistance with their app as well as support with the process of working as a team. Duties also include grading assignments, answers questions/emails and holding office hours.
- As of January 2018, I am the head teaching assistant for this class and manage a team of 17 other teaching assistants. This involves taking on the responsibility of being the main point of contact for students and the other teaching assistants as well as planning and designing assignments.
Summer Intern in ICT Department
June 2019 - August 2019
- Created administrative tools using the Microsoft SharePoint/PowerApps/Flow stack.
- Created a web app to record manufacturing data using ASP.NET Core and Entity Framework Core.
- Replaces current system built on the Microsoft Access 97 platform.
- Provided extensive documentation to help with further development.
Active Safety for Autonomous Vehicles
August 2017 – December 2018
- Part of the Virtually Integrated Projects program at Georgia Tech. Students from a variety of majors worked together to develop platforms to test and improve self-driving cars.
- I worked with the team that created and maintained a simulation software for self-driving and human-driven cars. The simulation software was used to conduct research on how humans interact with other cars and evaluate their trust in self-driving cars.
- I focused my efforts on adding Virtual Reality support to the simulator, to increase immersion and produce results that better reflect the real world. I used the Oculus platform to accomplish this.
- Created at VGDev, a video game development club at my University.
- I was a team member on this game during the Fall 2019 semester.
- Walpurgisnacht is a two-player, local-multiplayer game in the bullet-hell genre.
- Created with Unity.
- I contributed scripts that implemented character abilities and functionality, as well as state management for the game.
- At the end of the semester, I received an award for my contributions from the club leadership.
August 2015 - Present
- Dedicated Linux server that I rent and manage.
- Currently running Ubuntu Server 18.04 LTS.
- Server hosted by SoYouStart.
- Hosts any websites and web-facing projects that I create (including this page!)
- Also hosts my personal instances of open-source applications:
- All services are containerized using Docker and managed with Docker-Compose.
- Automatically plays the tutorial of the game Fate/Grand Order, records the random assignment of characters and repeats the process continuously to get the best possible starting account.
- Written in Python, using primarily the PyAutoGUI library. The OpenCV library was also used, along with others.
- Android companion app for the game Fate/Grand Order with MVVM architecture.
- Written using Android Architecture Components (Room + ViewModels).
- Published on the Google Play Store with active users.
- In progress Python library to optimize the deckbuilding process for the card game Yu-Gi-Oh.
- Designed to be extendable by other community members.
- Uses a custom algorithm to simulate many thousands games and measure the performance of a particular combination of cards.
- GUI planned, but main focus at present is the core functionality.
- Server software that scrapes various sites for images and saves them into categories provided by the user, then makes those images available via a REST API.
- Written in Python using Flask to serve API and web version.
- Uses Flask-SQLAlchemy for database functionality.
- Android App, Discord Bot and Chrome Extension all written in their respective languages.